We all face obstacles in life sometimes, and Pause In Life Psychology would like to help you ignite change and improve your health.
Here are some common examples of life challenges, which can work through with you at Pause In Life Psychology:
- Adjusting work-life balance
- Bipolar Disorder
- Difficulty adjusting to life events
- Burn out (e.g. work, being a care taker)
- Chronic mood difficulties
- Coping with pet loss
- Excessive worrying
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Feeling lost in life and struggling to find a purpose in life
- LGBT related obstacles
- Management of chronic illnesses and pain (e.g. Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia, Parkinson’s disease)
- Obsession and compulsive behaviours and thoughts
- Panic attacks
- Personality Disorders (e.g. Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissism)
- Poor Self-worth and self-confidence
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Social anxiety
- Specific fears and phobias
- Stress management
- Struggling to be assertive
- Trauma (e.g. early childhood trauma or difficult life events)
What to Expect
Every person is unique and no client or problem is the same. Together we will explore your life challenges and obstacles and find solutions. Pause In Life Psychology will guide you through this process with kindness, compassion and know-how. Below is a general guideline of some focus areas many clients go through:
1. Understand how life experiences cause scars and psychological rigidity.
2. Work out how these scars manifest into 'stuck' points in adult life and how to become flexible again.
3. Learn skills to challenge these stuck points
4. Identify values and link them to direct behavioural goals.
5. Develop relapse prevention skills.
7. Fly solo and end therapy. :)